Re: MAC Report Writers wanted

From: Adam Hoffman <hoffma_at_rpi.edu>
Date: 15 Dec 1994 13:06:30 GMT

In article <1994Dec14.191707.21320_at_newsgate.sps.mot.com>, W. T. Sidney <sidney_at_dmpd.sps.mot.com> says:

>Have a couple of questions - any help / info would be appreciated.
>
>o Need recommendations on report writers for the MAC
> platform. It needs to be graphical - and easy to use.
> That is to say no programming and or need to be a
> master in SQL.
>
>o Can all report writers produce a formatted report
> from a dataset? Where a dataset is the results from
> on or more queries to ORACLE?
>
>I have never no experience with report writers - I've always been
>able to get the data I need using PL*Sql and SQL*Plus, creating
>views and temporary tables for the more complicated reports. Which
>is unacceptable for ad-Hoc end user queries.
>

>Thanks in Advance
>W. T. Sidney -=Sid=-
>ra0855_at_email.sps.mot.com

DataPrism and DataPivot are two products from BRIO Technologies which are pretty good tools. They run directly on a MAC client and are geared towards end user reporting. You will probably still want to create some temporary tables or views for performance and ease of access by users (ie: less joins for them to worry about). Received on Thu Dec 15 1994 - 14:06:30 CET

Original text of this message