Re: ANYONE RUNNING ORACLE/UNIXWARE?

From: Robert DuMoulin <rdumouli_at_lanier.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 19:41:56 GMT

rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu (rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:

: Is anyone running Oracle and Unixware? Is it a wise choice?
: I would like to hear any comments reagarding this marriage.
:
: Thanks

: --

I installed the 7.0.16 product called "ORACLEWARE" for Unixware. Seems Novell and ORACLE haven't yet decided who will support this product. Any tools (Forms 3.0, SQL*Plus, and Report Writer) must be purchaaced from ORACLE who won't take your money. Seriously, we have gone around and around with our saleswoman and they don't seem to want our money. Support is a joke. Except for one week to install and configure where ORACLE would not return any calls, we haven't run into anything which is "NON-STANDARD" ORACLE (That was a joke....). Once you receive the toolset from ORACLE, I suggest you reinstall everything from scratch instead of using the default installation provided by Unixware. Our configuration required ORACLE_HOME and the data files to reside on one physical disk of a Compaq DX66 486. Performance is not terribly impressive, but I don't have any measured benchmarks. Overall it has served its purpose, though. What is your alternative?

             		 (404) 493-2262
#include <CORPORATE_DISCLAIMER.h>  ***
#include <RELEASE_OF_LIABILITY.h> ***     You're only a whore
#include <TYPOLOGICAL_DENIAL.h>  ***    when you ask for money.
#include <PRAISE_FOR_FSU.h>     ***