Re: ANYONE RUNNING ORACLE/UNIXWARE?

From: Andrew McAllister <mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 18:10:02

In article <D0tG1x.258_at_lanier.com> rdumouli_at_lanier.com (Robert DuMoulin) writes:

>I installed the 7.0.16 product called "ORACLEWARE" for Unixware. Seems
>Novell and ORACLE haven't yet decided who will support this product.
>Any tools (Forms 3.0, SQL*Plus, and Report Writer) must be purchaaced from
>ORACLE who won't take your money. Seriously, we have gone around and around
>with our saleswoman and they don't seem to want our money. Support is a
>joke. Except for one week to install and configure where ORACLE would not
>return any calls, we haven't run into anything which is "NON-STANDARD"
>ORACLE (That was a joke....). Once you receive the toolset from ORACLE,
snip

We ran into the same situation. No support. We couldn't even get a person from Oracle Sales to talk to us. As soon as they found out we had purchased oracle(ware) we were outcasts.
Well we bitched to Novell in St Louis and Pow! Within 3 hours I had a mid-level manager call me and offer support on the problem we had. Got the problem solved within a month! (A bug in tcp/ip)  Then I e-mailed a Senior VP at oracle about the whole fiasco (got his name off of this group) and I had no fewer than 5 calls in one day from 4 tech support people at oracle.

They said it would get better.
We haven't called them again.
Andrew McAllister -- mcallister_at_neptune.grad.missouri.edu Office of Research, University of Missouri-Columbia The views above are not those of my employer. Received on Wed Dec 14 1994 - 18:10:02 CET

Original text of this message