Forms40: Operator question on LOV

From: <cfischer_at_beach.utmb.edu>
Date: 13 Dec 94 12:01:23 CST

I believe this is more of an operator questionbut possibly there is something I can do to make this work. I haven't been able to find anything in the Forms 2.3, 3.0, or 4.0 documentation. I am using Oracle Forms4.0 for windows.

List of Values:
 The Find box - is it possible to use it to search within a column other than the first one. Eg. column 1 is a code, column 2 is a description and I want to find "Hypotension" anywhere in the description. The actual description that I am looking for is "Postural Hypotension". When I put %hypo% in the find box it only finds descriptions that start with hypo not ones that have hypo in them.

If description was in column 1 this find works well but since the LOV is called by the code field in the form I have had trouble with putting the code column in the list out of the first position.

Any help is appreciated. Received on Tue Dec 13 1994 - 19:01:23 CET

Original text of this message