Pro*C include files

From: Leng Kaing <leng_at_cougar.vut.edu.au>
Date: 13 Dec 1994 16:13:31 +1100

Pro*C 1.4.8.2.2 and Oracle 6.0.36.??

Hi :-

I'm asking this for a friend... Currently, if he has the program in one file, everything compiles and run. But once he splits it up into two files, it doesn't even compile. File1 has the main() module. It has included file2 as such:

                             #include <file2.pc>

so the question is, can we include a .pc file in another .pc file? Or do we compile file2 first, and #include <file2.c> .

Do we need to modify the default proc.mk? and/or do something at the o/s prompt. We've tried the following combinations but failed:

  1. cc -f proc.mk file1 file2
  2. cc -f proc.mk file2 file1
  3. cc -f proc.mk file1

The error seems to point at file2. Do we need to say EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca in file2 as well even though file1 already has the declaration? The possibilities are endless. So I was hoping to save time and post my confusion instead.

Please help,
Leng.

--

Leng Kaing, Software Consultant, VUT - Footscray Campus
Dept of Info Tech & Services, PO Box 14428 MMC, Melbourne 3000