Three-Tier Client Server Development

From: <fwhite_at_interserv.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1994 00:52:10 GMT

I am a 'technical architect' working for a large distributor that is pursuing a three-tiered c/s development environment for replacing its legacy systems. Our target platforms are MS-Win 3.1 clients, a TP monitor (preferably Tuxedo), Oracle 7.x, and HP-9000 servers. I was wondering if anyone else was planning or currently developing a system similar to ours. We would like to use Visual Basic for the front-end development; however, Powerbuilder or SQLWindows are acceptable alternatives. Are we the 'lone wolf' or are other people pursing a like architecture using these products?

Fred Received on Tue Dec 13 1994 - 01:52:10 CET

Original text of this message