Rebuilding a tablespace

From: Mark AuBuchon <myia_at_leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 13 Dec 1994 03:40:54 GMT

Hi There,
I didn't get many responses last time out with this question so I'd like to give it another try:

I have a tablespace which has grown & grown & grown it must be made up of 17 data files.

And, I must have 20 users with objects in it.

And, many of the tables are fragmented such that some are getting near the 121 extent limit.

I'd like to rebuild the tablespace, but Oracle export only allows me to rebuild the entire database or a single user or a single table.

There MUST be a software package which I can buy (or beg) which will rebuild the tablespace.

Help! Received on Tue Dec 13 1994 - 04:40:54 CET

Original text of this message