Re: can a PL/SQL procedure return multiple records ? NO

From: Lawrence James <James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 12:07:25 GMT

In article <3c5o6f$3vf_at_newsbf01.news.aol.com> slurton_at_aol.com (Slurton) writes:
>From: slurton_at_aol.com (Slurton)
>Subject: Re: can a PL/SQL procedure return multiple records ?
>Date: 7 Dec 1994 20:40:31 -0500

>In article <James.Lawrence.41.000F4910_at_epamail.epa.gov>,
>James.Lawrence_at_epamail.epa.gov (Lawrence James) writes:

>James,
> Look in the PL/SQL guide and you will see that if you define a
>cursor and then start a loop and each time through the loop you fetch a
>new record the PL/SQL routine will retrieve several records for you.

>Use a WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND condition to exit the loop.

>Scott A. Lurton

>Senior Scientist
>Computer Resource Management, Inc.
>Herndon, VA
>USA
I understood the question to be: could you return mutiple records to the process that called the procedure? In other words, as return values from the procedure. You cannot do that. For example if you write a procedure to get customer data it can only return one customer at a time, not sets of customers.

Lawrence.... Received on Fri Dec 09 1994 - 13:07:25 CET

Original text of this message