Re: SERVICES file. More than one connection ???

From: Michael P. Vergara <vergara_at_nosc.mil>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 15:37:36 GMT

In article <3bup71$cmb_at_alijku06.edvz.uni-linz.ac.at>, Josef Kueng <jk_at_ifs.uni-linz.ac.at> wrote:

>I have the following problem:
>
>I installed the oracle-client software on a pc with TCP_VENDOR=WINSOCK in the oracle.ini file. My network software is PCTCP 2.3 from FTP.
>Now I am able to open only ONE CONNECTION to a oracle server. If I want to open a second connection, I get the error 6107 which means that there is no orasrv-entry in the services file.
>
>Have anyone experienced the same (SQL*Net 1.1)

In the ORACLE.INI file, you need to specify WIN_REMOTE_SESSIONS=n, where n is some number greater than one. This will help in memory allocation for remote sessions.

HTH

Mike Vergara           |   Be good...and you will be lonesome
vergara_at_nosc.mil       |                                       Jimmy Buffett
Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of anyone else but me.  So there.