Re: Re-organizing tables containing LONG datatypes?

From: Alastair Newson <anewson_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 18:22:35 GMT

> -> The concepts manual tells me that a LONG field cannot be used in a
> -> CREATE AS SELECT statement or an INSERT INTO SELECT statement.
>
> I seem to recall using the COPY command for this type of action.

If this is a request for more information then yes COPY does work, I had to dig it out last week. Its a SQL*Plus command. I copied 2% of a table with longs from a v6 database to v7. So v6-v6 or v7-v7 shouln't be too much of a problem.

Alastair Newson             'When the best leader's work is done,
Technical Projects Manager          the people say,
Glaxo Pharms UK Ltd              "We did it ourselves!"'
44-(0)181-990-3023 Received on Wed Dec 07 1994 - 19:22:35 CET

Original text of this message