Row locking in ODBC

From: Scott T Johnson <sarek_at_cais2.cais.com>
Date: 6 Dec 1994 15:13:50 GMT

I am developing a application for a client using Visual Basic and ODBC and have come across an interesting question.
How does ODBC handle record locking.

I am selecting a set of records and displaying them on the screen in a grid format. The user may edit one of the records. This record is then saved to the database.
What is another user enters the same query. Only one record was edited and should be the only one locked. Is this true?

Thanks,
Scott

(Hope this starts an interesting discussion!!)

Scott T. Johnson SHL Systemhouse, Inc. +1 703 438-7300