Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corporation <bmanry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 30 Nov 1994 00:57:40 GMT

Steve Blair (smblair_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu) wrote:
>We are trying to load a file that was created from a VSAM file on the
>mainframe. We have to download or ftp it binary because the file
>contains both binary and packed decimal fields. The character data
>is being loaded correctly - it is garbage. Can SQL*Loader convert from
>EBCDIC to ASCII? BTW - the numeric fields all converted correctly. Any
>help would be very much appreciated.

Use the CHARACTERSET option:
  LOAD DATA CHARACTERSET WE8EBCDIC37 INFILE... This should work assuming you are using codepage 37 EBCDIC (North American) on the mainframe.

/b

Bill Manry
Oracle Corp. / Mainframe & Integration Technologies / BManry_at_us.oracle.com #include <disclaimer.usual> Received on Wed Nov 30 1994 - 01:57:40 CET

Original text of this message