SQL*Loader question

From: Steve Blair <smblair_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 18:16:35 GMT

I am trying to load a file that was created from a VSAM file on the mainframe. We have to download or ftp in binary mode because there are binary and packed decimal numbers. Now we can't get the character data to load correctly - it is garbage. Can SQL*Loader convert from EBCDIC to ASCII? Any help would be very much appreciated. BTW the numeric data converted fine.

--
Steve Blair                  Information Systems
Illinois State University    internet:  smblair_at_ilstu.edu