Validating non-Base Tbl fields for input

From: <cfischer_at_beach.utmb.edu>
Date: 22 Nov 94 12:38:07 CST

How can I validate 2 non base table input fields using a list of values?

I have a table which contains employee ID's but the user wants to be able to enter last and first names and have it find the id and put it into the table. I have set up two fields with input and update allowed, one for lname and one for fname. I also have a LOV on the lname field which returns lname, fname, and ID into the proper fields.

BUT....if they enter a common lname "JONES" then it returns the first "JONES" in the list no matter what they enter into the fname field.

How do I get around this one?

Please reply to cfischer_at_beach.utmb.edu

Thanks in advance,
Cathy Fischer Received on Tue Nov 22 1994 - 19:38:07 CET

Original text of this message