Problems during installation---help!

From: Ravi Shanker <rmediche_at_gmu.edu>
Date: 20 Nov 1994 20:12:08 GMT

Hi Oracle gurus out there!

        I am having problem installing Oracle 7.0.16 for Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3). The installer returns this error half way through the installation process.

make: Fatal error: command failed for target 'oracle'
>>> Relinking error. The executables for Oracle7 server (RDBMS)
were not made successfully.

The installation guide doesn't have any helpful answers.

When I checked the install.log, I found the following entries:

***shmat_check: 0xe0000000 is an invalid attach address
***shmat_check: 0xd0000000 is a valid attach address
***shmat_check: Relinking of Oracle products is required.

My questions are :

Are the above two error messages related? How can I fix it?
Is the installer doing a relink of the products because of the shmat error?

Please help!

Thanks in advance....

--Ravi

email: rmediche_at_site.gmu.edu
George Mason University,
Fairfax, Virginia
USA Received on Sun Nov 20 1994 - 21:12:08 CET

Original text of this message