Re: Help : Help on Help in Sql*Plus

From: Allan Speir <aspeir_at_codastore.win-uk.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 1994 22:58:28 GMT

In article <39se13$fpl_at_paladin.american.edu>, Abinash Tripathy (abinash_at_schubert.cas.american.edu) writes:
>Hi,
> I'm having problems with the help features in Sql*Plus. When I key
>in help <name of command> in the SQL prompt I get a message saying "No
>Help Available". This seems to be happening for most of the commands. Ours
>is a new install of Oracle V7.0.16.6 on a Sun Sparc running SUN OS 4.1.3.
>I would appreciate any help from any of you out there who have faced such
>problems before.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Abinash Tripathy abinash_at_email.cas.american.edu
>Oracle DBA
>The American University
>Washington D.C.

I can't comment on how ORACLE 7 does this, but in version 6 installing the help was one of the options when installing SQL*Plus. Sometimes the DBA may omit the help for space reasons. However, there should be a dmp file containig the help information. Sorry I can't remember where it lives - try $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin or around there somewhere.

Regards

Allan Received on Sat Nov 19 1994 - 23:58:28 CET

Original text of this message