Re: Oracle V6 to Oracle7 Migrations

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 14 Nov 94 19:40:19 EST

In article <39vuca$hvd_at_nic.hookup.net>, pberger_at_nic.hookup.net (Paul Berger) writes:
> Hi all...may be you folks can help...
>
> 'We' are about to embark on a major migration effort from Oracle V6
> to Oracle7. 'We' have a collection of Novell 3.12 and Oracle V6 NLM servers
> running in tandem globally in the UK and North America.
>
> The Oracle servers are being used as decision support servers. They are
> downloaded daily with data. This data is then being used out in the
> trenches to drive a portion of the company's business.
>
> Could those people who have engaged the Oracle 6-7 migration process shed
> some light on their trials and tribulations regarding such. All
> insights, gotcha's and sailient comments surrounding this process would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> PB
> Berger Software
>
> Thank you!

It may take longer, but I'd recommend that you use EXP and IMP, rather than the migration utility. I used the migration utility, and had a couple of problems that came back to bit me more than a year later.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285