one owner for all tables, eyc. - will it work? HELP!

From: Tom Mize <Mize.T.E%WEC_at_DIALCOM.TYMNET.COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 1994 17:59:35 GMT

I am using version 7, and I have many projects, so I initially had an owner (schema) for each project. As I use referential integrity more and more and just plain oracle security, I am getting pained by the frequent reconnects to oracle that I have to do in order to properly create the integrity, views, etc.

I am considering having all tables owned by one schema (i.e. ESGUSER), and I was wondering if this is workable and practical. My group has successfully used this methodology with DB2, and I am looking for comments on this. I will be setting this up for hundreds of tables on an HP9000 over the course of time.

Initially, the only CON I recieved was that it would make exports more difficult, but we do not use exports for backups and recovery.

Please send me comments, advise, or lessons of experience. Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 18:59:35 CET

Original text of this message