Re: one owner for all tables, eyc. - will it work? HELP!

From: Dave Jordan <jordan_at_pt5026.pto.ford.com>
Date: 9 Nov 1994 20:56:22 GMT

I use the "one owner" approach for 2-3 hundred tables. There are several applications, but many overlap and use tables "owned" by another. One more CON is not having an easy way to seperate tables by application. To accomplish this I use a third part product (Ace*Insight) that reads forms/reports/sql and pulls the table references out.
I consider all tables to be one database with each application being a different view into it. For this approach the "one owner" works best. I also use exp for backup and this way I only have to backup one user.

David Jordan Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 21:56:22 CET

Original text of this message