SQL*NET V2 for Windows and Trumpet Winsock

From: David Stevenson <davidst_at_central.susx.ac.uk>
Date: 2 Nov 1994 11:42:05 GMT

Does anyone have any experience with running sql*net v2 for windows over Trumpet Winsock v1.0 ?

We have just installed sqlnet v2 and it doesn't work. The error message is

ORA-12154 TNS:Could not resolve service name

Oracle UK say that their experience of Trumpet Winsock is that it doesn't work with Sql*net v2, even though it is supposed to be Winsock v1.1 compliant, so they won't support it. They say my config files
(tnsnames.ora etc) are all fine, and sql*net is fine on the host
(Sequent UNIX machine).

One workaround to this is to get another TCP/IP, but does anyone know of a fix for Trumpet ? Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
David Stevenson, Database Support Analyst, The Administration,
Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RH,