Re: Mosaic <-> Oracle

From: Randy Bradley <bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 94 11:33:44 GMT

Jason NG of NCSA wrote "GSQL" to do this, but geared toward Sybase. James Pitkow of Georgia Inst. of Tech. modified it to work better with Oracle. Check out URL:
"http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/People/jason/pub/gsql/starthere.html"

As for code examples, things get very machine/user specific at this point. Are you running: unix or vms; C or PERL; ORA*C or OCI ??? The examples that come with GSQL and the documentation should get you started.

>I know some people out there have created interfaces
>between Mosaic and Oracle databses (which is my
>current project) so could anyone give me some
>assistance on the matter, ie: what's the best way
>of doing it ? Code people have written would
>be most appreciated.

Randy Bradley | Systems Analyst | US Meat Animal Research Center | Clay Center Computer Spec.| 402-762-4156 | bradley_at_aux.marc.usda.gov | Nebraska

"Around it! Around it! Confoundit. Nobody gave me the specifications. I have to do everything myself around here." Gopher-The Great Honeypot Robbery