Question - How much are you paying for Oracle Financials Maintenance

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 94 02:34:30 GMT

Hi

If you are using Oracle Financials 9.4, I would like to know how much maintenance you are paying (Glod/Silver/Bronze) as a percentage of the initial cost of Financials.

It has been just over a year since we implemented Financials and I have just received a quotation from Oracle for continued maintenance support. Briefly this is what Oracle is charging:

Metal Percentage of Initial Cost

------    --------------------------
Gold      67.1%

Silver 53.2%
Bronze 44.9%

As I understand it, industry averages suggest that we should not be paying more than 10% to 15% per year on Maintenance. When we did our ROI and projected cost of ownership over five years we used the figures indicated to us by Oracle at that time (pre metal days). The new charges are way off our projections.

Just out of interested I'd like to know how much Oracle is charging the rest of you. Note we are on user licences NOT developer licences. All customisations are done by Oracle Consulting on a separate contract.

Philip
(Seriously Torqued - Bleeding T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.)

--

|Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |
|Tasek Cement Berhad | to persons living or dead is completely |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011 | has asserted its moral right to be |
| Fax: +605-566-142 | identified as the author. |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+