Re: SQL*FORMS : Help !

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 1994 08:18:29 GMT

In article <38nfu7$ebn_at_paladin.american.edu>, abinash_at_schubert.cas.american.edu (Abinash Tripathy) wrote:

> I have a problem with running SQL*FORMS 3.0 installed recently on our SUN
> SPARC 2 station with the ORACLE 7 server. Every time I try to invoke
> SQLFORMS30 it gives the error

> I would appreciate any help regarding this.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Abinash Tripathy abinash_at_email.cas.american.edu
> Oracle DBA at2484a_at_american.edu
> American University
> Washington D.C.
During install you didn't say you're using a sun? Anyway, the oraterm.r file is the default terminal definition file forms uses, if one does not say an other resource file. Now if you're using a sparc 2, you have a sparc keyboard type 4, right?. Ok, then try: sqlforms30 -c sun:sun userid/password
Start it in a shelltool, in a cmd-tool it will not work as expected. (If you have a type 5 keyboard replace sun with sun5 in the command e.g. sqlforms30 -c sun5:sun5 userid/password). To fix you problem execute the following command: cp $ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource/sun.r $ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource/oraterm.r Then you don't need to give the "-c sun:sun" switch for sqlforms30.

Hope this helps
LM

(As usual, try it on your own risk (typo's ...))

--
Leo Mannhart
Planning Office