Oracle Support is Stumped-Can you help?

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 94 09:30:00 -0400

-> Oracle Support says that the Bus Error is caused by a swap space
-> problem. But, I don't know how that's possible being that we have
-> well above the required RAM (96 MB) and I am the only user on the
-> system.

While it seems insane that a 96MB machine w/ 1user could be out of memory, you gotta remember that Oracle "allocates" a tremendous amount of memory sometimes without actually using it.

On my system, it needed a 128MB but only used around 32. Painful, ehh? Just try upping the swap (if possible) for testing and see what happens. Received on Wed Oct 26 1994 - 14:30:00 CET

Original text of this message