Re: Split this newsgroup!

From: Carlos Netto <Carlos.Netto_at_ibase.org.br>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 94 23:52:00 -0300

On 21 Oct 94 04:29pm, Steven Whatley wrote to ALL:

 SW> Newsgroup: comp.databases.oracle

 SW> I don't care if this group is split up or not.  I don't care how it
 SW> splits if and when it splits.  All I want is to be able to distinquish
 SW> what each article is referring to from the subject line.  I have
 SW> mentioned this before but, I win mention it again.

 SW> I would be very helpful if people would include in the subject or prefix
 SW> the subject with the following abbreviatins or somthing something  SW> sumular:
 SW>         V6        Oracle V6
 SW>         V7        Oracle V7
 SW>         F3        SQL*Forms 3.0
 SW>         F4        SQL*Forms 4.0
 SW>         PLSQL1  PL/SQL 1.0
 SW>         PLSQL2        PL/SQL 2.0

 SW> Ex:
 SW>         V6: How do I install Oracle?
 SW> or
 SW>         How do I install Oracle V6?

 SW> I am not proposing an exact list of abbreviations.  All I am asking for
 SW> is some method of categorizing articles as they relate to Oracle
 SW> versions and products and that the categroy can be identifed by the
 SW> subject line. This would go a long way in reducing the number of  SW> complaints about the amount of traffic in this group.

 SW> Thanks for your help,
 SW> Steven Whatley

I agree!

   ----->>>>>>>>>>>> Don't reply. Reply will not work! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<----

| Carlos Augusto Leite Netto | Voice : +55.192.51.1153 |
| Software Design Informatica | Fax : +55.192.54.6518 |
| Oracle VAR | e-mail : carlos.netto%mpcbbs_at_ibase.org.br |
| Software Development & DBA | FidoNet: Carlos Netto [4:801/31] |

| Softex 2000 member | Brazil, Sao Paulo state, Campinas city |
  ----->>>>>>>> I'll register my Silver only after bug fixes. <<<<<<<-----
  • Evaluation copy of Silver Xpress. Day # 120 --- via Silver Xpress V4.01P [NR]

User Name: Carlos Netto - ( %mpcbbs_at_ibase.org.br ) This message was processed by RAuucp from Merlin Systems Inc.