Re: Split this newsgroup!

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 94 08:57:00 -0400

-> How about a commercial/business group?
->
-> With a group for advertisements, product announcements, job
-> postings
-> and things like that we could cut down on the innappropriate postings
-> in the technical groups, and the resulting flames.

Nah. Good in principle, lousy in practice. The problem is that the job posters will not be excluded since the place where people discuss SQL/dba stuff is their target.

I think it would be better to split along known interest points which WILL attract the people that have those interest, such as the previously mentioned CDE/FORMS/TOOLS VS DBA/SQL (another split for ODBC/networking will probably be good, since this stuff generates a lot of specific questions) Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 13:57:00 CET

Original text of this message