Re: Split this newsgroup!

From: SANJAY PURI <skp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 17 Oct 1994 19:00:40 GMT

In <37u34u$ehh_at_panix.com> gmr_at_panix.com (George Reichert) writes:

>In article <37toau$hne_at_pong.lasc.lockheed.com>,
>Terry Veli <g592291_at_mip.lasc.lockheed.com> wrote:
>>> -> I know this has been discussed recently but come on now. There has
>>> -> to be close to a hundred posts a day. Let's split the newsgroup up.
>>> -> I'm goin' nuts!
>>>
>>> Me too. I originally argued againt, but that was when we were
>>> only getting 20-30 posts. Would a SQL-FORMS split be good?
>>> I think that is the only definitive spot.
>>
>>If there is a split, divide it into applications and administration.
>>

>I started this thread but how do we go about splitting it?

Splitting can be done in following sub-groups

  1. Oracle Database Administration (All versions)
  2. Oracle6 or earlier versions
  3. Oracle7 and CDE tools

Although this may seem to be very difficult, if achieved, it will help people in long run. Received on Mon Oct 17 1994 - 20:00:40 CET

Original text of this message