Re: Database on CD-ROM?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 17 Oct 94 12:37:21 +1000

In article <89B3524.03890014D0.uuout_at_compudata.com>, barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com (BARRY ROOMBERG) writes:
> -> My gut reaction to this question is that of course it's possible, but
> -> I'd rather ask before we shell out several thousand dollars to get a
> -> CD-ROM writer.
>
> Doubt it. If there is no writable tablespaces, where will the
> sort overflow tmp tables be stored?

My understanding is that Oracle 7.1 will allow you to build a make a TABLESPACE READ ONLY once its been created and populated but you will still need a couple of updateable tablespaces in the database to work properly.

Anyone heard otherwise?

Bruce... pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au Received on Mon Oct 17 1994 - 03:37:21 CET

Original text of this message