Re: linux

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 15 Oct 1994 21:57:34 GMT

K.Y. Lee (s355674_at_kub.nl) wrote:
: Hello
: Is there sql available for linux?

As you post this to comp.databases.oracle, I guess you mean to ask whether ORACLE is available on Linux. The answer is: no it isn't. I have seen some messages from people who did run ORACLE successfully on Linux, using the Intel SVR4 port (iBCS2). I am still planning to try it someday myself, just for fun, but I guess Oracle will never release a product on Linux, but ofcourse you never know.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---