Re: How I can do version control in CDE

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 12 Oct 1994 21:26:02 -0400

In article <kenho.78.2E8FDE36_at_hk.super.net>, kenho_at_hk.super.net (Kenneth Ho) writes:

Ken,

      I am currently starting a large project in which Configuration Management is a big issue. However even though we too are using the CASE product it will only do version control if you use it to generate your forms and reports, in which case you will need to purchase the CASE generators for forms and reports.

I have found that the CASE product does not track the deltas (differences between) specific objects that are enter into the CASE product, like entities. I have however dicovered several CM product that will do track your system if you are developing outside the CASE tool such as PVCS from Intersolv and others.

If you would like to give me a call I will let you in on what I have found so far.

Scott A. Lurton

Senior Analyst/Task Lead

W R Systems, Ltd
Fairfax, Va
USA
Voice (703)934-0200 ext 314 Received on Thu Oct 13 1994 - 02:26:02 CET

Original text of this message