SQL*NET V1 Hangs!

From: Karen Huguley <khuguley_at_sti.nasa.gov>
Date: 12 Oct 1994 19:23:48 GMT

I am having a problem with SQL*Net V1 (Version 1.2.7.7.1 to be exact). ORASRV appears to hang every 30-45 minutes! When this happens, all client applications hang as well. The listener process cannot even be terminated using the proper utility (tcpctl stop). I am forced to kill the UNIX process and then restart the listener. I think that I may have read in this newsgroup that there is a problem with zombie processes. Is that what I am experiencing? What can I do to resolve the prob? (BTW: I am running V7.0.16 on Solaris 2.3). I would appreciate any suggestions!

K. Huguley
NASA Center for Aerospace Information
khuguley_at_casi.sti.nasa.gov Received on Wed Oct 12 1994 - 20:23:48 CET

Original text of this message