Re: Performance and I/O

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 4 Oct 1994 01:05:37 -0000

I have experienced about 10-20% gain using raw partitions on UNIX servers with version 6. I have not seen any gain by going raw with version. 7.

My advice: tune your SQL statements, review your data architecture and adjust accordingly. Unless you have an extremely astute UNIX system administrator, and an excellent backup and recovery procedure, and have tried everything else but you still need to squeeze higher performance from your application, do not use raw partitions.

Dagmar Anne Bogan

Kopania & Komorovski
Richardson, TX 75081

dagmara_at_delphi.com Received on Tue Oct 04 1994 - 02:05:37 CET

Original text of this message