Re: SQL question

From: Steven Seacord <seacords_at_source.asset.com>
Date: 2 Oct 1994 10:51:37 -0400

In article <36e7s6$n0f_at_nuscc.nus.sg>, Virinchipuram J. A. <fbap3120_at_leonis.nus.sg> wrote:

>Hi Gurus!
>
>One "easy" question, how do I delete a column name from a created table?
>
>Thanks for the effort
>
>-anand

I hate to say it, but to delete a column you will have to drop the table and recreate it without the 'deleted' column. Depending on your foriegn key relations this can be a real pain. If you need to save the data, you should be able to rename the table, create the new table, do a insert-select to populate the new table and then delete the old table.

Hope this helps.

Steven Seacord Received on Sun Oct 02 1994 - 15:51:37 CET

Original text of this message