Re: Oracle Support, or lack thereof

From: Denis Langlais <ag831_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 01:13:54 GMT

In a previous article, kfried_at_encore.com (Ken Fried) says:

>>I have noticed the same thing. About 6 months ago I loged a TAR with
>>ORACLE. I called them back a month latter and they still had not worked
>>on it. I then called back in another month and the person assigned to my
>>TAR wasn't able to answer my phone call so a message was left that they
>>would be calling me back. I am still waiting.
>>
>>My problem was with the language group. I wonder if this Oracle Support
>>problem is over all the support, or just over specific groups.
>>
>>Eric Mortensen
>>mortens_at_cibadiag.com
>
>I seem to have good luck with Oracle support ( at least getting through and
>having someone work the issue). I don't always get speedy RESOLUTIONS, but
>most of the support people are pretty responsive.

My support from Oracle Canada has gotten worse in the past few months. I'm guessing that Oracle is expanding like crazy with new calls and sales and they can't hire enough people. Received on Thu Sep 29 1994 - 02:13:54 CET

Original text of this message