Re: SQL*Net for windows and user-ids

From: Matthew J. Burke <mburke_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 1994 17:06:53 GMT

In article <35v15q$lg5_at_gw.PacBell.COM> kxbehn1_at_ulysses.srv.PacBell.COM (Kia Behnia) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone had heard of a variable
>to set in the ORacle.ini file on a client pc to
>show the user-id of a client (Workstation name)
>in the V$SESSION and V$PROCCESS table the eco
>systems techy who was out here the other day
>said that there was a variable but even oracle
>support didn't know of anyway.
>
>Thank you
>
>--Kia
>kia_at_PacBell.com

I'm pretty sure the variable is "USERNAME=" If you use generic Oracle login IDs, this option is a necessity - if you want to identify individual users. Now you have to go out and make sure each client uses this...

Good luck.

 Matthew J. Burke   		  			     mburke_at_netcom.com
 Database Consultants, Inc.					(214) 392-0955