Re: How to expedite your Support call

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cobol.cse.psu.edu>
Date: 23 Sep 1994 19:07:39 GMT

In article <35uot7$1oc2_at_source.asset.com> mcconnel_at_source.asset.com (Andrew R. McConnell) writes: ***stuff deleted****

>I do thank you for the information regarding the process of recording
>a TAR, and look forward to an Oracle WWW Server.

My god, how many TAR's have been logged and fixes given for the same problem. Look at this group, the Orasrv-defunct process bug has been asked atleast 6 times on this group alone. Why can't Oracle users get internet access to the TAR Database? Yeah I know the BBS and Compuserve are supposed to take some load off Tech Support, but they don't seem to be working out. When I went to Client/Server World this year, Oracle's president spoke about bringing Oracle into the 21st century-- Oracle Tech Support needs to get into 90's. The company I work for will have this functionality for each of its sites (Oracle Problem/TAR system) by the end of the year. I'd think Oracle could do the same.

John Groenveld
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Fri Sep 23 1994 - 21:07:39 CEST

Original text of this message