Re: Oracle V6 on NeXT 3.2! HELP!

From: Richard Scholz <richard_at_sun.subito.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 13:33:31 GMT

sah_at_xedoc.com.au (Sean Alexander Hiscock) writes:

>Hi Oracle gurus!
>I have been trying to install Oracle V6 for NeXT on a NeXT cube running
>3.2 of the OS. The RDBMS works fine on the server and I can connect
>to it throught the server process orasrv (SQLNet).
>None of the client machines (also running 3.2) can establish a connection.
>I have tried use the tcpctl utility to check on the server but it can't
>get a connnection either! The orasrv log does not contain any evidience
>of a connection from the client machines.
>Does anyone out there have any similar experiences? Any answers? Any thing?

  1. Did you install it correctly ? You have to add the sqlnet TCP/IP Option during installation. Then try to recompile oracle and check for errors in the installation logfiles.
  2. Try to connect locally with sqldba. Type connect user/password_at_T:hostname:SID in your sqldba session. This does a connection via tcp locally. If this works, your server is ok.
  3. Does your server and the clients have the orasrv entry in their services database ? If not then add them (orasrv 1525/tcp)

>Regards,
>Sean.

Greetings, Richard

Richard Scholz richard_at_subito.de
Subito Software GmbH Received on Thu Sep 22 1994 - 15:33:31 CEST

Original text of this message