Oracle V6 on NeXT 3.2! HELP!

From: Sean Alexander Hiscock <sah_at_xedoc.com.au>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 07:11:19 GMT

Hi Oracle gurus!
I have been trying to install Oracle V6 for NeXT on a NeXT cube running 3.2 of the OS. The RDBMS works fine on the server and I can connect to it throught the server process orasrv (SQLNet). None of the client machines (also running 3.2) can establish a connection. I have tried use the tcpctl utility to check on the server but it can't get a connnection either! The orasrv log does not contain any evidience of a connection from the client machines. Does anyone out there have any similar experiences? Any answers? Any thing?

Regards,
Sean.

Sean Hiscock
Xedoc Software Development Pty. Ltd.           Melbourne, Australia
Phone    :                                           +61 3 696 2490
Fax      :                                           +61 3 696 6757
Internet : (NeXTMail welcome)                      sah_at_xedoc.com.au
AppleLink:                                                 AUST0335
Street   : 222 Park St, South Melbourne   3205, Victoria, Australia
Postal   : PO Box 293, Albert Park        3206, Victoria, Australia