Install error: Too many files open

From: Bruce Miller <miller_at_bioeng.rad.med.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 16:42:20 -0400

I am attempting to install Oracle 7.0.16.4 on a DECstation 3100 running ultrix 4.3a.

I have some apllications installed, and am trying to complete the install of the rdbms. Part of it was installed.

The cd-rom is nfs-mounted. I have copied all the orainst files to my ORACLE_HOME/orainst directory and am running the install from there. After a few seconds of attempting to install the server, the error comes up during 'Analyzing dependencies' "Too many files open" Accompanying this is a line saying a file was not found. This file has been ocommon.rvf, rdbms.map, and others. Different files are listed during different attempts to install. The ocommon.rvf does exist, but the rdbms.map does not.

Any suggestions for solving this challenge are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support.

Bruce Miller

--
e-mail miller_at_bioeng.rad.med.umich.edu