Assigning Values to Table entries from Forms 4.0

From: Curtis Hanson <hanson_at_gsb002.cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: 19 Sep 1994 16:31:06 GMT

I am currently in the process of developing some applications for our department as we move some databases from our mainframe to a workstation based server. I am developing some electronic forms to aid in this process using Oracle Forms v4.0 under Windows 3.1.

My question is:

    Is it possible to assign values to record entries in the table through the form.

For example:

BEGIN
  :equipment.value := 6;
END; Is this valid? When I try something similar it will not update the current records' value field with 6. However if I return a value through a list of values object to :equipment.value I can assign 6 to :equipment.value.

Is it only possible to `force' values into table fields through a list of values return object or is there a way through assignment?

Please e-mail replies to the address below...

    Thanx in advance...

| Curtis Hanson (hanson_at_cs.ualberta.ca), an OSF/Motif apprentice! |

| The desire to be ``discreet'' and unagressive is a product |
| of the closet. As a tactic, it simply doesn't work, because |
| homophobes aren't closeted about their homophobia. |
| M. Signorile, _Queer_In_America_ |