Re: sqlnet nettcp ORA 6108 Error

From: Karthik <74404.1011_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Sep 1994 18:21:41 GMT

We intermittently get ORA 6108 "NETTCP failed" error when trying to connect to an Oracle 6 database through Power Builder 3.0 or Access 2.0 ODBC. When the Client running MS Windows 3.1 is rebooted and PowerBuilder or Access started again we are able to connect with no problem. But, we are able to connect without any problem through SQL*PLUS or while using Sqlnet connect string on the server.

 Oracle is running on an HP/9000 with HP-UX 9.0

Any hints, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--karthik--

MetLife Capital Corporation Received on Mon Sep 19 1994 - 20:21:41 CEST

Original text of this message