Re: Help with ROLLBACKS on DDL

From: Otto Slooten <oslooten_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 19 Sep 1994 15:10:17 GMT

sjs_at_shell.portal.com (Steve - Schow) writes:

>Hello all,

>I am tryiing to use ROLLBACK transaction processing to automatically ROLLBACK
>create view transactions(which are DDL). However ORACLE by default does
>an implicit commit before and after all DDL statements(wonderful!)...so.....

>How can turn that off while creating a particular view so that I can decide
>to rollback to BEFORE the create view if I want to?

There is no way you can turn this implicit commit off. View-creation requires a data dictionary update, hence the implicit commits. I'm afraid you need to figure out if you need the view *before* you create it. Hope this helps.

Views and opinions, if any, are my own. Received on Mon Sep 19 1994 - 17:10:17 CEST

Original text of this message