Re: Windows SQL interface request

From: Martin Eppert <eppert_at_fant.ping.de>
Date: 19 Sep 1994 00:24:00 +0200

Hello Bret.

We use Borlands Paradox for Windows together with Borlands SQL Link as frontend to our ORACLE7-Server for NetWare. With this software you can send SQL- and PL/SQL-Statements to the Server (interactive and automatically).

You can easyly program your Windows-Application with Buttons, Menus, Edit Fields, Tables and so on. It works very fine but is a little bit slow (as you can see in comp.database.paradox).

The Software we needed is:
- Oracle7 - Server for NetWare

  • Oracle SQL*Net (both for the Server and for the Clients)
  • Borland SQL Link (Ver. 1.0) to Oracle
  • Borland Paradox for Windows (we work with Ver.4.5)
  • The underlying net protocol driver, in our case SPX/IPX driver shipped with Novell NetWare.

SQL*Plus is a command line tool wich is not very comfortable and has nothing to do with GUIs.

Bye,

Martin.

Martin Eppert
Von-der-Recke-Str. 40
D-44137 Dortmund (Germany)
e-mail: eppert_at_fant.ping.de
## CrossPoint v3.0 ## Received on Mon Sep 19 1994 - 00:24:00 CEST

Original text of this message