Windows SQL interface request

From: Bret Pettichord <wazmo_at_bga.com>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 10:38:58 -0500

I am looking for a tool that will let me communicate to a unix oracle7 server from a pc. I would prefer a windows interface. I think that sqlplus 3.1 for windows meets my needs. Can anyone comment on it's availability and dependability? Also, do you know of alternatives? It's my impression that this will require sqlnet on both machines.

I'm actually planning on automating the sql queries using a gui tool. Another option that would work for me would be some kind of api (preferably a dll) that would take sql strings and then somehow pass me the results. I haven't been able to find anything like this. If you know of something, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bret Pettichord
BMC Software, Austin, Texas
bret_pettichord_at_bmc.com wazmo_at_bga.com Received on Thu Sep 15 1994 - 17:38:58 CEST

Original text of this message