Text Retrieval => core dump, why?

From: Alexander Dauensteiner <c3055_at_rphc4>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 14:49:34 GMT

hi victims of oracle
(Solaris 2.3. Sun Sparc 10. Version 2.1 something of Oracle) I'm trying to run the TextRetrieval applications. BTW what is the difference between sqltr and rtrmu?
Starting rtrmu txttut/txttut works, I select a table, enter a query, run it and get a message working... but after a while: segmentation fault, core dumped
and that's it. The strange thing is that all the other parts of oracle seem to work without core dumps. When installing the other parts I changed /etc/system to

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=15
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=400
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=20
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100

So, are these settings correct, or are the errors caused by something else?

please drop a line if you can help ... a favour for monika ...

Alex Received on Thu Sep 15 1994 - 16:49:34 CEST

Original text of this message