Re: Need script to rebuild all indexes

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 15 Sep 1994 13:58:45 GMT

ashahane_at_netcom.com (Ajey Shahane) writes:

:Problems I encountered with export method :

:1. There are no line feeds in each sql statement so first vi (still use
:the old beast) complained about line too long and stopped at that line.

:2. sqlplus has a limit on line length for sql statement, so I had to go
:back and put some (!) linefeeds (can someone tell me if this can be
:automated in vi).

You should be able to solve both of these problems by piping the output through fmt. fmt -s -w 80 will break up lines longer than 80 characters at word boundaries but leave shorter lines alone.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)