Re: Need script to rebuild all indexes

From: Heikki Rissanen <rissahe1_at_news.ougf.fi>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 11:07:25 -0100

Andrew McConnell (mcconnel_at_source.asset.com) wrote:

: I have just discovered the concept of fragmentation of indexes, the
: hard way. What I need is an SQL script that will go through all of
: the database accounts and rebuild all of the indexes that it finds.
: Before I write the code myself, I thought I'd ask if anyone had
: already done it.
: BTW, I'm using Oracle7.

I haven't got what you want, but I've done this with v6 by taking the definitions by exporting without data. After that I did some editing of the exp-file to get the indexes ok and dropped and created them again.

This is not the easy way, but it worked.

Regards,

        Hessu

Heikki Rissanen, United Papermills, Rauma, Finland
Email: heikki.rissanen_at_ra.upm.yhtyneet.mailnet.fi