Re: SQL*Plus

From: Michael T. Turk <mturk_at_atstoo.win.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:36:09 GMT

In article <>, L. Carl Pedersen (l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu) writes:
>In article <354694$r0i_at_mule.fhcrc.org>, steved_at_orca.fhcrc.org (Steve
>Dahlberg) wrote:
>
>> Using SQL*PLUS, is there an easy way to include page
>> numbers on a report when the report consists of a
>> series of several SQL querries. I'm able to get
>> page numbers for the first SQL querrie but it resets
>> itself to page 1 on the subsequent ones. thanks
>
>this may sound brutish, but could you glue the queries together using
>UNION? in ORACLE 7 use UNION ALL. In 6 you need to be careful about
>duplicate rows getting dropped.

Have you tried the SQL*Plus command "SET EMBEDDED ON" ? This will prevent the new query results from starting on a new page and I think the page number will continue on from the previous query. I haven't noticed about the page number but I know the above command will prevent the forced page break.

Hope it helps

Michael Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 16:36:09 CEST

Original text of this message