Re: SQL*Plus

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: 14 Sep 1994 05:52:18 GMT

l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu (L. Carl Pedersen) writes:

>In article <354694$r0i_at_mule.fhcrc.org>, steved_at_orca.fhcrc.org (Steve
>Dahlberg) wrote:

>> Using SQL*PLUS, is there an easy way to include page
>> numbers on a report when the report consists of a
>> series of several SQL querries. I'm able to get
>> page numbers for the first SQL querrie but it resets
>> itself to page 1 on the subsequent ones. thanks

>this may sound brutish, but could you glue the queries together using
>UNION? in ORACLE 7 use UNION ALL. In 6 you need to be careful about
>duplicate rows getting dropped.

You can prevent the duplicate rows from being dropped in a union, by inluding an extra dummy column that is different for each query, so the rows are no longer identical.

e.g.
select

..
..
..,

'A' junk_col
from ...etc

and then suppress the printing of this by using a column spec like

column junk_col noprint

(...though I agree its still brutish. I wonder if you could capture the sql.pno variable that contains the page number, at the end of each report and add it to the next one or something...) Received on Wed Sep 14 1994 - 07:52:18 CEST

Original text of this message