Problem with orasrv

From: Milly Kander <mkander_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 18:51:06 GMT

Hello All,

Hope someone has encountered this problem. Here's my environment:

Indigo workstation running IRIX v 5.2

Oracle7 Server 7.0.15.4.0
SqlPlus 3.1.2.3.1
Sqlnet 1.2
orasrv 1.2.7.7.1

        Having just installed Oracle on my SGI box and trying to get orasrv to run, I get the following error after typing

tcpctl start or
orasrv

Starting server on port 1525
orasrv: can't create socket: No such device or address

        I have made sure that the /etc/services file contains the entry:

orasrv 1525/tcp oracle #Oracle Server

I am able to invoke telnet on my workstation so I know that I can communicate to the outside world.... Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks in advance,

Milly Kander
Systems Analyst/DBA

mkander_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu Received on Mon Sep 12 1994 - 20:51:06 CEST

Original text of this message